En otras noticias, voy a enseñar un poco de inglés para ganar dinero. Muchas personas han preguntado si yo puedo enseñarles. Finalmente compré unos libros usados y voy a tratarlo.
Hoy leí en un periódico sobre Gaby Moreno, una cantante guatemalteca de jazz, blues, r&b, y bolero. Yo la investigué y me gusta mucho! Aquí es un video de NPR:
Estoy un poco triste porque hoy leí de un concierto fantástico que pasó el 18 de Agosto. Bummer. Puedes leer del evento aqui.
También leí del "Democrats Abroad Annual Picnic" esta sábado en Antigua y estaba pensando en asistir si una abuela muy amable quisiera financiar un viaje del fin de semana a Antigua... (Más información aquí.)
El viernes voy a apoyar con el Concurso de Inglés del seminario como arbitro o en otra capacidad. No sé como es un concurso de inglés. Estoy emocionada.
Hoy ayudé hacer plátanos rellenos. Mmmmmmm!!
----------------------
OK, Xela wins! Since I moved to Oberlin in 2007, there has been a debate over who has the craziest weather: New England or the lakes region. The answer: Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. Every day there is sun, rain, clouds, lightening, intense heat, and freezing cold. There is no logic. There is no method to the madness.
In other news, I am going to teach a little English to make some money. Many people have asked me if I can teach them, so I finally bought a couple used books and I'm gunna give it a try.
Today I read in the newspaper about Gaby Moreno, a Guatemalan jazz, blues, r&b, and bolero (of course) singer. I looked her up and I like her a lot! See the video from NPR above.
I am a little sad because today I read about an amazing concert that happened August 18. Bummer. You can read about the event here.I also read about the "Democrats Abroad Annual Picnic" this Saturday in Antigua and I was thinking of attending if a certain really nice grandmother might want to fund a weekend trip to Antigua... (More information here.)
Friday I am going to help out with the seminary's English competition as a judge or in some other capacity. I don't know what an English competition is like. I'm excited.
Today I helped to make plátanos rellenos. Mmmmmmm! :-)
I like the singer a lot. How much is a trip to Antigua and back?
ReplyDeleteIt's like $8-$20 each way. Gots to check. Plus hotel/hostel for a couple nights. I think hostels start at about $8 per night. Plus touristy things. It's a few hours away, so I'd want to leave Friday afternoon and come back Sunday afternoon. The picnic is Q.65 if I want booze (Q.50 without), which is $8.20 at the current exchange rate (or $6.31). I'd say $100-$200 should do it, but Ima check out my travel book later when I'm not working and try to get a better idea.
ReplyDelete