Monday, September 24, 2012

Quick Update: Estoy en Tapachula!

I made it to Mexico!  Walked across the border, which was kinda cool.  They have a big effing border river on this border too!  You kind of have to go looking for customs.  Not like the US.  But yeah...I'm here.  Not much to do in Tapachula.  There's all sorts of cool excursions you can go on from here, but during the night you just have to chill.  Checked into a hotel.  $20 US for a room with private bath, hot water, air conditioning and TV.  Not too shabby.  The central park's cool.  I'm going to go check out the food scene.  Torn between tamales, tortas, or fancier restaurant.  We'll see where the night takes me.  Gunna get up early tomorrow and either go to the beach (my original plan) or the eco theme park thingy I read about.  Sound very touristy and probably expensive, but I'm going to try to learn more tomorrow.  Still never got to have my ziplining adventure.

I keep meaning to tell you guys the Puerto Madero y'all keep reading about is the other Puerto Madero, Mexico.  The one near Mexico City.  This is the tiny one.  It's supposedly packed with locals on the weekends and pleasantly empty during the week.  Will report back. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your vacation and the creature comforts, e.g. private bath and air. On Rosh Hashanah we took out the Shofar that you and Jake brought for us from the Shofar factory when you were in Hebrew school. Have a good year. Love Lenore

    ReplyDelete