I'm going to my family's house in Amstelveen for dinner on Saturday. Then Sunday, we're going to Utrecht, where there's the museum Van Speelklok tot Pierement (mechanical musical instruments) and an exhibition in the Catharijneconvent. Charlotte says they "will give you as much Dutchness as we can put in a day." :-D
In other news, World Cup fever rages on in Holland and everywhere! Being in Europe for the world cup is so much more exciting than being in the US. For example, observe the toast to this morning's beans:

I don't think I'll be back on time, but my friend was telling me that this Sunday's going to be a partay at the Brazilian bar around the corner from my apartment. There will be feijoada and caipirinhas, some Brazilian samba or pagode, and then the game. Sounds very fun. I've been watching most of the games in Irish pubs because they have English commentary, and it's a fun scene. Good times.
Figure 2: Brazilian Samba
What else?
I've been cooking! My cabbage soup is friggin amazing!
My flatmate moved out. Don't know if/when I'm getting a new one.
Maya; ??That dancing kid?? - Cute? I think he's an FLK - is he shakin a poop load in that diaper?? I'm jus sayin....
ReplyDeleteNore is a cabbage borsht maven - you need to try your recipe on her -
GO Nederlands !!! xoxojdw
I love cabbage soup.
ReplyDeleteYour upcoming weekend sounds very interesting. Today in LA the talk is all about the Laker-Celtic championship game. Earlier in the week there was a little mention of soccer.
Have fun. Lenore
Oh my god, that baby can seriously samba!
ReplyDeleteHope your time with the family is wonderful I'm getting pretty excited about coming to see you really soon!!! xoxoxo
glad you were with a Dutch family when the Netherlands won a world cup match. Lenore
ReplyDelete