Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grades and Plans and Stuff

I'm getting really excited for both Switzerland and Eastern Europe. I haven't traveled with other people in a long time. I like people! Today I learned that Switzerland is not on the euro. They use the swiss franc. Swiss franc notes come in really pretty colors and the best part is that 1 Swiss Franc = $0.86! It's less than the dollar! Woohooo!

Shannon and I booked a hostel for $25 a night each, right in Geneva! We've been starting to plan our adventures. There's actually tons of fun free stuff to do like the Art and History Museum, Botanical Gardens, National History Museum, Ariana Museum, and Tavel House. We're definitely going to pay for a one hour tour of the Palace of Nations, and then we're also considering either the Red Cross Museum or the Saint-Pierre Cathedrale Archeological Site.

Mom and I have been trying to figure out the last leg of our Eastern Europe trip. We've been looking at all the awesome classical music stuff in Vienna. I'm super stoked!

CIEE finally explained Dutch grades to me. Or at least, they told us what they're going to tell our schools when they send our grades:

8-10 __________ A
7-7.9 __________ B
6-6.9 __________ C
5.5-5.9 _________ D
<5.5 ___________ F

So far I've gotten one of my grades. I hear they might take forever to come through, but my final grade in Argumentation Theory is an 8, which is apparently an A. Maybe? Oh grades!

3 comments:

  1. How nice you will have a friend and then your mother for travel companions. In 1966, Jack and I took the train from Paris to Dijon for lunch and then went on to Geneva. We spent a day there and then went on to Florence, Rome and then Israel.
    An A is always nice. Can you see much campaigning for the election on Wednesday. The amount of money being spent for the election here on Tuesday is obscene. The worst is Pacific Gas and electric spending over $44,000,000 for a ballot measure to keep rate payers from forming coops to purchase and distribute electricity at reduced rates.
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya; you're traveling at a good time for holders of $US. You should blow off the 4 day $100USD hostel in Schweiz and go to Greece. For $100USD you may be able to BUY Greece.
    BTW- when it comes to arguing in any language I think that you're a 10 -- xojdw

    ReplyDelete
  3. "BTW- when it comes to arguing in any language I think that you're a 10 -- xojdw"
    I must agree with your grandfather on this (which made me laugh out loud)! You will get an A in Argumentation Theory or all is not right in the world. I'm getting very excited about our trip! The tom tom GPS arrived today, I may even try to figure out how to use it in the next few days!!
    xoxoxox Eva

    ReplyDelete