Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oof!

First thing i did on my brand new bike was fall off of it and skin my knee Pompeii-style. (If that means anything to you, you're probably my parent.) I actually had flashbacks of Aunt Evelyn trying to put creme on my knee and my kicking and screaming. I think this is a little worse though. The surface area of my knee and my pain tolerance have both grown substantially since I was 2. Anywho, the whole thing was pretty comical. See the bike i been riding for the last 4 months had a step-through frame, so i wasn't used to that whole top tube-thing being there. Went to dismount wearing a denim skirt and fell on my face. But it just took learning the hard way once. Now I'm totally used to my new bike, and it's actually really nice. It has gears and stuff so i can go much faster. I think I'm going to go ride around Vondelpark in a little bit.

(i realize the picture doesn't truly capture the nature of my skinned knee, but trust me. it's oozing. OOZING!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh... sorry you got a boo boo! I'd kiss it and make it better if I were there. Enjoy riding your new bike, now that it has shown you who is boss. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya: A skinned knee is a walk in the Vondelpark compared to getting clotheslined and nearly decapitated on your bike on Plum Island, MA - 'member that- 13ish years ago??
    Above your knee in the photo of your boo boo is a background pic of a yellow/red/blue critter - is that the same guy who lives on your right should blade, Mr Kokopelli?? is he kissing your knee to make all better your boo boo? xojdw

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that's kokopelli! it's a blanket my friend made for me before i left Oberlin. :-)

    ReplyDelete