We did a bike tour of Berlin, and it was wonderful! I will put facebook pictures up soon. It would have been nice to have more time to go back to some of the things we saw, but we did get to see all the big famous stuff in the city, and we learned a lot. Our tour guide was really good. The tour was supposed to be from 11-3:30, but it ended up going till about 5. We stopped for lunch and beer at one point. I've decided I like biergartens better than kindergarden.
After the tour, we went back to the hotel, got our stuff out of storage, and left for Prague. The drive to Prague was a little rough. Apparently you can't escape from Dresden. All roads go to Dresden. We spent a very long time passing signs for Dresden. Then once we had finally crossed the border, we came to a road block and our GPS decided to take us on a nice little detour through some tiny mountain villages. It was pretty cool in retrospect. All narrow, windy, mountain roads and adorable little villages. The road we needed was closed though. Fortunately a nice, young construction worker who knew some English got us pointed in the right direction. We also saw a man with a hat and a large gun. He smiled at us though. We eventually made it to Prague. Finding the hotel was a bit rough too, but once we got there, it was very nice.
I ate goulash in Czech bread. I found out I love Czech food! And beer!
This morning we got up and ate complimentary breakfast. They had eggs and everything! Mmmm! I think we're probably going to check out the Jewish Quarter today.
Went to the Schiffman's for 4th of July yesterday, As Peggy and her mother are from Prague (they got out in 1937) I mentioned that you were in Prague. Another couple our age mentioned they were going on a bus tour to most of the same cities that you are. Also Warsaw where they are hiring a guide to a day to visit Jewish areas. Lenore
ReplyDeleteActually kindergartens and biergartens aren't a good mix anyhow. If you hang out long enough in a biergarten you soon start to behave like you're in a kindergarten.....
ReplyDelete