Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mijn Moeder is Hier!

My mom arrived safe and sound in Amsterdam yesterday! We met at the McDonalds by Central Station, and walked her very broken luggage back to my apartment. We mostly hung out and caught up. I made sandwiches and was horrified to learn that my mother does not like mustard or raw onions. WTF?

For dinner, we went to a great Indonesian restaurant for a rijsttafel feast! It was sooooo good! This is what my face looked like when I saw the foods:


Our tummies are still happy about the meal.

This morning I made scrambled eggs. We're going to look for some new luggage voor mijn moeder, and I will show her around the city a bit. Then we will either hang out atop the NEMO or at Brouwerij 't ij:


2 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun meal. I don't like raw onions. I only like mustard if I have it mixed with about 10 parts youghart. Hope you got some nice luggage. Love Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you guys seem to be tough on luggage - with some luck you'll wear out many more luggage items --
    I mentioned the rijsttafel to you some time ago, but it's even better when someone else is buying xojdw

    ReplyDelete