I'm going to live in Casa Argentina. It's in Zona 1, which means I can walk to the park and all the surrounding fun stuff. I have a tiny little room with a twin bed and a shared bathroom, BUT there's a huge awesome shared kitchen that's all equipped and stuff. That's what I really care about. It has an oven AND a microwave! And even, like, a food processor and stuff! And the shared bathroom has a big shower with hot water. I knew it was where I wanted to live when I walked in and saw Feygeleh's somewhat shabbier looking cousin (and his little friend). Photos coming soon. Oh yeah, and they have wifi and stuff! Which would be way super cool if I had a computer, but it's still cool cuz I have an iPod touch. I'm going to teach English classes very part time at an English school right in the park, and I'm hoping to pick up a few more classes on the side. We'll see.
I'm also probably going to join a gym, and definitely going to take some dance lessons. Maybe boxing classes too. We'll see.
Do you ever stress out about spending lots of money, and then shop to make yourself feel better? No? Just me? Well I just finished my book, and I've decided I like being one of those people who reads. So after I forked over 500Q for my room, I ran to the groovy used book store, and picked out three new books. :-p I got a very cool bilingual (English and Spanish) version of the Popol Vuh. I love reading bilingual stuff. I read the Spanish first and then the next page I get to see if I understood it correctly. I also got The Zen of Pues, which is similar to Que Onda Vos? (which Mom and I bought back in 2006), but it is a collection of columns from Review magazine, which explain in detail how to use certain terms. I have recently been asking all of my friends to explain "pues" to me, and they have all done a crappy job. This book explains it in the very first section. :-) And I got Gabriel García Márquez's Memories of My Melancholy Whores. I know, I know, most people start with, like, 100 Years of Solitude or Love in the Time of Cholera, but this one happened to jump off the shelf at me. So Ima read it. :-p
Yeah for reading books!! (And all the rest as well.)
ReplyDeleteHey there! I just started reading 100 Years of Solitude, perhaps I'll pick up Memories of My Melancholy Whores next. (all in English, I'm afraid I've basically entirely lost whatever Spanish I had. Guatemala sounds awesome, and I read your blog all the time!
ReplyDelete