I'm gunna whine for a second just cuz... sometimes whining feels good. And I'm so generally happy with my life right now that I can.
I have tonsillitis and maybe a flu and it hurts really bad and I want some first world medicine and by medicine I mean painkillers and classes are all done here and I'm gunna miss my students and I don't have a job or a place to live after Friday and I hate the rain here. Why's it gotta rain EVERY DAY? And have I mentioned that having hearing loss in a foreign country is way not fair? People always think I don't understand when I say I can't hear, and then they change the words...so then I still don't know what they're saying. And then I have to be like "I'm a little deaf," cuz people don't really say "hard of hearing" here. And then they often don't believe me and think I'm just making up excuses for not understanding Spanish. And I think my tattoo artist might be in jail and he never finished my tattoo and do not say you told me so cuz I really like his art!
That does feel better!
But yeah...life's still good. Just trying to figure out the job/living sitch. And drinking lots of fluids and sleeping lots.
:-)
You know you can come home... Just saying. If you find yourself sick and homeless. I would be happy to buy you a plane ticket home. Where I will feed you soup and first world medicine
ReplyDeleteBut otherwise you can just vent, and stay there and figure it out. Both valid choices.
I hope you feel better soon, and ck yoursef into a cheap hotel, or pension, or hostel on Friday until you figure out the next move.
Get better ... now. I love you.
Go home or come here. We love you and we have first world medicine.
ReplyDeleteSince I got my hearing aid I am able to be part of conversations. I didn't realize how much I was missing. And my new aids are so much better than my first pair.
Get well
Lenore