Sunday, May 30, 2010

Allons à la Suisse!

Is that right? I don't speak French. Anyhow, planning a trip to Geneva with my friend Shannon. Unfortunately, she can only go Friday night through Sunday because of work. Do you think I should go earlier/stay later??

Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Maya; if you don't parler francais, its Schweiz in deutcher. Go early, stay late. Enjoy, but know the Swiss never have been & are not now "our" friends. The cheese with the holes is the best they got. xojdw

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. sounds good. i don't parle any francais, but my friend Shannon is fluent, which will be very handy. she did a semester in Paris 2 years ago, and is now working in France for the summer. she's also in some sort of French masters program at Kent State, and she teaches the language. :-D

    i do have to leave by Tuesday though so I can get back in time to pick Mom up when she arrives in Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you do have to be back to meet your mom!! Geneva is defintley the more french part of switzerland, but most everyone speaks both french and german. Back in the day Geneva was quite pricey. A long weekend is probably plenty of time there. Hmm... where else might you wander??
    Will you get a chance to go to Berlin before I arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you be in Amsterdam for the election? Let me know if people are standing by main streets (or the Dam) and holding signs.
    When are you going on your home visit?Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  5. are there more elections?? there were already elections of some sort in March. i need to get back to reading Dutch news. Before the March elections, all the parties were doing all sorts of campaigning, handing out free stuff. I got a socialist party sponge and some free tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete