Saturday, May 15, 2010

From the Little Green Rhino Book

I bought a little notebook in a news stand at Paddington Station. It's bright green and has a Rhino on it and says "Rhino." And proceeds from its sale save rhinos. I couldn't resist. (That's my rugby team color and mascot if i you don't know.) I keep thinking of things I want to tell you guys, but by the time I get to the internets I forget. So notebook.

Right now I'm on the train to Cardiff. So excited! This is my first real European train trip. Unfortunately, I can only get about 7-8 hours in Cardiff because the last train back is at 8:30. Should be plenty of time though.

So in other news... This morning it happened! And not even in the Netherlands! I had a full conversation IN DUTCH! I was in the luggage room at the hostel, locking up my new bag, when I heard someone behind me speaking Dutch. I turned. "Waar kom je vandaan?" She smiled. "uit Nederland." "Ik studeer in Amsterdam." So it began. She asked where I was from and how long I had been in the Netherlands. She and her friend were super impressed with my Dutch. It was super exciting. I've never made it through a whole conversation before. It's hard to understand when people speak quickly, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment