Yesterday I went to DeKey and extended my lease till July 15th. Then in the evening
Today I went to the Joods Historisch Museum with Amanda. It was really interesting. We started in the old Great Synagogue. The gallery upstairs is full of artifacts and portraits of old Jewish families of Amsterdam.
I succeeded in my main goal of the museum trip, which was to find out where I can purchase kosher wine and matzo meal in this city. I can't believe I thought growing up in
So excited! Ahhh!
Oh yeah! And I got a sweet little family haggadah to use for Monday AND "Mijn Eigen Haggada," a Dutch children's haggadah. It's in really easy Dutch, and it's a coloring book too! Pesach duurt een hele week. Wij beginnen het feest met de sederavond. Een seder is niet zomaar een etentje. Voordat we gaan eten, lezen we eerst uit een speciaal boek dat haggada heet. Haggada betekent 'vertellen.' In de haggada staan verhalen, liedjes en berachot, die vertellen hoe ons volk werd bevrijd uit de slavernij van Egypte.
After the museum, I went shopping at Waterlooplein (the flea market right across the street) and Albert Heijn, and I saw this pub on wheels. All the patrons were pedaling down the street:
Maya; Right you are.. I never read Dutch but can figure out some of the vocab in the context of a kid Haggada.
ReplyDeleteThe pedaling pub certainly diminishes the pain of commuting. xoxojdw
I use old pre-cusineart recipes. 2 tart apples 1/2 cup nuts (preferably walnuts, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon sweet wine
ReplyDeletecore apples, (They say peel but I don't peel mine. CHOP apples and nuts together finely. Add cinnamon, honey and wine. Makes about 2 cups
We went to tot Shabbot this morning at Temple. Isaac had a great time. Lenore
ReplyDeleteThat pub is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't we have nice things like this?
Lucas