Two of my friends and I took the metro to the south of Amsterdam and found a Jewish neighborhood! It was so exciting. We don't see many Jews in the city center. We went to Mouwes and got matzot, wine, matzo meal, gefilte fish, pickles, horseradish, eggs, and chocolate-covered matzah. AHH SO EXCITING! Sorry. I just loves me that gefilte fish. And real pickles! Not sweet ones! Good pickles! (I ate a whole jar... oops...)
After Mouwes we went to a Kosher pizza place owned buy Israelis. They had a viola da gamba painting on the wall! It was way cool! And it was next to the shelf with the Bamba. :-) The pizza was really good too!
I also went to the supermarket for some more ingredients. Here's my spoils from Saturday and Sunday:
I made charoset all by myself with no food processor and it tastes really good! I used 2 green apples and 4 sweet red ones just like Mom and Nore told me to. Yay skills! While cooking I introduced Amanda to the world of Law & Order. Good stuff. Today I have to finish a paper, create a seder plate, and make matzo ball soup. I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can! I'm really really excited for the seder tonight though. No idea how many people are coming, or whether we'll have enough food, but my backup plan if we run out is to get tons of wine and matzah and watch When Do We Eat?
Check out the invitation slash info sheet I made for my Dutch class: link
Pretty nifty, right?
PAPER AND SOUP TIME!! MERRY PESACH!!
Maya; Your seder invite is nifty indeed. I'm going to post it on our door tonight to entice Elijah into our seder.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how folks made charoset (or any thing else) before food processors. xoxojdw