-Don't eat special cake if you have used alcohol!
-If you are not experienced, take first only half a portion and wait at least 1 hour before you take more - bear in mind it can take 45 minutes to 1.5 hour until you notice the effect.
-If you haven't had a meal, the effect will be quicker and stronger.
-If you don't feel well, don't panic! Try to drink something sweet like orange juice or AA energy drink - it will help you feel better. So calm down, try to find a quiet place and wait until it's over, in an hour or so. There is absolutely no need to call the medics!
This is the new bookmark between pages 104 and 105 of my "Argumentation: Analysis, Evaluation, Presentation" book. How it came to be my bookmark is an excellent story.
The story begins with my decision not to attend Rotterdam Musemnacht on Saturday. None of my friends wanted to go, so I decided to devote the day to homework in the McLibrary. This option was much cheaper, and involved getting much more homework done. I realized that the McLibrary does have tourists. Just not American tourists. Which works for me because I don't get distracted by people's conversations if I don't understand them. (I figured this out when a group of Spanish tourists sat near me and I suddenly couldn’t read.)
I got a ton of work done Saturday, so I decided to do the same thing Sunday. By yesterday morning, however, I had had quite enough McDonalds, so I decided to check out a nearby cafe called "Bagels & Beans." It was awesome! I had a tuna melt with capers and onions and a cappuccino (have I mentioned that I LOVE cappuccinos?). Mmmmm! I will definitely be back to this place! They were really cool. Their napkins have a Chief Seattle quote on them. I'm getting lox next time. I sat and read at Bagels & Beans until they closed around 5:30.
Then I went across the street to Coffee@Company. (Both cafes have free wifi by the way.) I got a very large coffee and read there until closing at 7. At this point, I had completed so much of my reading that I decided I had to find some place that was still open where I could finish all of my work for the week. I walked several blocks, and just as I was giving up, I found the Bluebird Coffee Shop.
Now “coffee shops” aren’t necessarily the most ideal study spots, but nothing else is open on a Sunday evening, and this particular coffee shop was awesome! They actually had coffee! (This is really unusual for Amsterdam coffee shops.) Bluebird has a full menu of foods/snacks and (non-alcoholic) drinks. Most of their menu is organic. Very cool. The inside is decorated all pretty-like with a tropical theme. The music playing was awesome. And they’re open till 1AM seven days a week (also unusual).
So yeah, I chilled in a coffee shop for a couple hours. AND I FINISHED ALL OF MY HOMEWORK FOR THE WHOLE WEEK! It was sweet.
Maya-- May the Bluebird of Happiness fly up your nose!! xojdw
ReplyDelete