




Goedemorgen! Okeydoke! To elaborate: Yesterday I had class at 1. It was a decent class. I had done all the reading and knew it really well, so that was exciting. :-b
After class I wandered over to Waterlooplein (the big flea market). There were 2 dudes playing klezmer-y music on accordion and clarinet. The accordion guy was singing too. They sounded really good. I gave them some change. Then I got an orange "Holland" shirt for €4 and a bright orange soccer ball hat for €1. I love the flea market!
Hung out with some people before we left for the game. Then we all met at Central Station at 7:30 and got on the Metro.
The game was really fun to watch. Netherlands dominated most of the time, but they could not score a goal. Tim Howard, the US goalkeeper, was amazing! He made a ton of saves. I was kind of sad that the first goal was a penalty kick on him. That's not fair. But I was happy to see Netherlands winning.
The final score was 2-1 Netherlands. USA didn't score until towards the end, and after they scored the game got really interesting. Holland was tired, and US was excited. It got very close for a while, but in the end, I was wearing the right color.
:-)
Today I have to do a bunch of reading before class at 4. Better get on that!
Are comments not working or something? Everyone keeps sending me e-mails instead. Not that I mind the e-mails. Just wondering.
Hey Maya, I just have to tell you again how much I love reading your blog. And I love the links and photos, etc. You look good in your flea market soccer gear; the orange and black - same as Ipswich HS!
ReplyDeleteSeems like you and Billy had great fun. When do you go to play in Paris with him??
Keep posting!!! xoxo
My high school (Overbrook HS) colors were/are orange & black.
ReplyDeleteI e mailed last time because the comment was too wordy or so I thought?? xoxojdw
Hey my highschool's colors were orange and black too! Except we were the pirates... arrr.
ReplyDeleteEmails, I'd guess, are easier because not everybody has google accounts?