Friday, March 5, 2010

What I'm missing at Oberlin...

Life here's been so great that I hardly ever feel homesick. But now I just feel a bit of jealousy.

April 30th to May 1st is the jazz building dedication and grand opening.

"The celebration weekend will include a number of special events and distinguished guests including Drs. Bill and Camille Cosby and American music icon, Stevie Wonder, along with many others. The special events will kick off on Friday, April 30 in the late afternoon with an Honorary Degree Ceremony on Tappan Square (weather permitting) that is free and open to the public. Drs. Bill and Camille Cosby will be receiving the Doctorate of Humanities and Stevie Wonder will be receiving the Doctorate of Music. Later that same day Dr. Bill Cosby will present “An Evening with Bill Cosby” in Finney Chapel at 8:30 p.m. The event will be free and tickets will be required."

I WANT THAT!!!

OK, I wouldn't trade my semester abroad for it. But still... Stevie!!

1 comment:

  1. Maya - If you continue to pursue music as a vocation/avocation I bet that you'll eventually bump into Stevie, or Stevie may bump into you - 𝄞𝄞 ba-d-dup ♬!! xojdw

    ReplyDelete