Friday, February 12, 2010

Did you miss me?

I went for 2 whole days without blogging! Are you proud of me? :-b

Anywho, not too much to write about. I had a little 24(+)-hour virus thing or something, so I wasn't feeling up for much besides classes, but I got me some kippensoep, and I'm feeling much better now.

I'm really excited because Billy's coming here 2 weeks from today! We're going to hang out in Amsterdam Friday, Sunday, and the parts of Monday when I'm not in class :-b. And on Saturday we're taking a daytrip to Groningen, supposedly "one of the more beautiful cities of the Northern Netherlands," with CIEE people. So that should be super fun!

I'm really happy with how my schedule has worked out. It's like I have a mini-UN of teachers: one from America, one from Romania, one from Germany, and two from the Netherlands (my Conflict Studies class is co-taught by 2 women, one of whom is Dutch?).

Yesterday I got mail for the first time. It was my new bank card mom sent me. That was cool.

I have a lot of homework this weekend, but it's manageable and the reading's interesting, and I think I'm getting better at reading quickly.

Tonight I'm going to a Carnaval party at some club or something. Apparently you have to dress up or they don't let you in. I don't know anything about Carnaval, but I guess I'm gunna learn!

2 comments:

  1. I did miss you, but since I was stuck at work pretty much from Weds. morning until last night (Thurs. night), I didn't have much time to grief over the lack of new blogs.

    kippensoep = chicken soup? If so... I approve!

    Carnaval is basically Mardi Gras, the world wide Catholic get all your sinful ya yas out before you give them up for Lent to get ready for Easter. Remember this is your Jewish mother's explanation, perhaps someone else has a better or more accurate explanation. But the much more important questions would be.... What will you wear?!?!

    P.S. Thank you for the fabulous postcard, I have it hanging at work. Very awesome! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Blogger; Please be advised that we did in fact miss you. We look forward to our daily dose of "Maya" and when it is missing there is a void left in our day. xojdwlfkw

    ReplyDelete