Monday, February 15, 2010

I've Found a Magical Machine

It's made of magic! You put in 40, 50, or 55 cents, and you push a button, and a little plastic cup comes out. You can get:

-koffie: zwart, met suiker, met melk, melk & suiker

-espresso: zwart, met suiker, met melk, melk & suiker

-koffie specialteiten: cappuccino, cappuccino met suiker, wiener melange, café au lait

-chocolade: chocolade, choco de luxe, café choco

-thee: puur, met suiker

It's amazing! So far I've tried zwart koffie and cappuccino met suiker. It was actually good. Very small quantity, but good. And, like, 50 cents. And it's in the university building where I live. :-)

In other news, I have recently watched all of the British Queer As Folk. It's only one season plus a 2-episode second season, but it's sweet. First episodes of the British and American versions pretty much have the same script. But in the British version, Michael (who is named Vince) is obsessed with Doctor Who instead of comics! I so approve! (If you feel like it, go here and just watch from 8:00-8:30. Then go here and just watch at, like, 2:08.) Then I figured out that Queer as Folk was created by Russel T. Davies -- the man responsible for the revival of Doctor Who and the creation of Torchwood! So yeah. He's my new favorite. Seeing as 3 of my favorite shows of all time are created by the same dude.

Right now I'm trying to write a 700-word paper, but I'm already at 648 and I have a lot more to say. Why does this always happen??

At 4 I have my appointment with the gym lady to sign up for my membership.

At 6 I have Dutch.

I need a nap.

2 comments:

  1. O.K. I got almost all the coffee permutations but .....wiener melange. Don't know dutch or german, but 'wiener' sounds suspicious. It is ... what?

    After imagining you careening around town on your bike ... well, maybe not careening, touring perhaps... I decided to do some of my own get up and go .... took my first snowmobile ride today. Fantasmagorical. Of course, couldn't stop on the corner for any great fish ... or drop a few coins for some coffee... but wonderful nonetheless.

    Asa had me checking out Doctor Who again. Watched about six episodes in a row. Had to twist my mind a little to 'be there', then felt like I was in another universe.

    BTW --- thought those lips totally made the cat it's meow. And I second you go girl go ... where you want to go. Interesting reading from Lenore about 'carneval'. But I never could have kept up with what day of the week was what. just knew friday was CHICKEN and defninitely not spare ribs. Keep on keep on. Love it.
    Love ya
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiener means Viennese. I think wiener melange is similar to a cappuccino, but somehow different. Not sure though.

    ReplyDelete