Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gym & Stuff

I been going to my fancy new gym. It's pretty wonderful. They don't have membership cards. They have a palm scanner! So cool! I feel like I'm in a movie. I walk in and type in my pin number, and then i line my hand up with little pegs, and it scans my palm and says hello and knows my name and stuff!

The facilities at the gym are super nice and the machines work really well and stuff. The heartrate monitors on the machines even seem to be accurate, and they don't randomly start telling you your heartrate is 50 in the middle of a workout. It's crazy! The closed captions on their tv screens are in Dutch, so I've been watching the olympics or other sports stuff. I'm meeting with a personal trainer in a few days (actually have to reschedule my Friday appointment), and tomorrow I'm probably going to try "Boxing Fitness" and I'm going to try kickboxing at some point too. The trainers and classes are included in the membership, so the price actually isn't so bad.

Not much else to report. Been doing lots of homework. Gots a presentation coming up in Argumentation Theory, so I have to meet with that group tomorrow.

In Conflict Studies, we've spent the last two days studying negotiation techniques. Between that and studying argumentation techniques in Argumentation Theory, I am now officially going to over-think every word that ever comes out of my mouth ever again. Thanks Universiteit van Amsterdam.

Ooh! Also, I found this chocolate at Natuurwinkel that saves trees. It's really, really yummy! I had the Sweet Candied Orange flavor. You can check it out at http://www.organicmeltdown.com/

3 comments:

  1. Maya.. Does the hand scanner know that you're American & greet you in English??
    HMMM .. If you eat a giga-ton of Natuurwinkel chocolate- can you single handedly save the Amazon rain forest - I volunteer to do my part!!
    xoxojdw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos ! Waiting for you to come back to the states and work your magic for some conflict resolution in our congress ! ! ! Maybe they just need to eat more chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i checked, and it doesn't actually say "hello." it just kind of says my name. but it feels like a greeting. :-b

    ReplyDelete