Sunday, February 7, 2010

IC: Drama En Dilemma's Op De Intensive Care


It's my new show. I think it's an ER ripoff, but I never really watched ER so I don't know. The name is awful similar...

It's just like when I watched El Ex and Amor No Tiene Precio in Guatemala. Except I actually speak Spanish, so I kind of had some idea what was going on. This show's epic though. Good stuff. And I got it on DVD for, like, €3.

Speaking of Spanish, the more and more frustrated I get with the language barrier here, the more I realize that I'm pretty sweet at Spanish. Maybe I don't have the biggest vocabulary, and I couldn't take a college lit course, but I can say just about everything I ever need to say en Español.

In other news I need to get more work done.

In other, other news, I just bought a scale from Blokker, and it thinks I weigh 72 kg. While that's really sweet, it's a bit on the useless side. What a friggin bummer! Can you return a scale to a store on the grounds that you know you're fatter than that?

Also, shout out to Connor, who clearly loves me the most based on the frequency of his comments on my blog! (Way to go family.) I miss you Connor! When you win the lottery, you'd best get you're butt out here immediately! <3

2 comments:

  1. I have written several comments to you but they never get published and the just disappear. I’m now first writing on e-mail which I will send if this comment doesn't get thru. I have really enjoyed reading about your adventures and descriptions of your classes. And thanks for the pictures of your dorm and of Amsterdam.

    Do you have a working credit card yet?
    It is nice to see your size shoe. I used to be a 10 AAAA. Back then most shoes stopped at size 9.

    When your mother was 7 we were in Amsterdam. She didn't like whipped cream and didn't eat that wonderful food that was on everything. The day we got home she went to Tops market (much closer to our house than Bruni's is to yours) and bought Coolwhip.

    Keep the scale. It will no doubt let you know if you are going up or down in weight. And who know how much weight you lost by constant bike riding.

    Many immigrants here say they learned a lot of English watching and listening to soap operas. Soon I'm sure you will understand your program.

    We are excited that your family will be visiting us this weekend. We haven't seen Jake since last winter.
    Keep blogging. We keep reading. Love Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya- In my business we always calculate mgm/kg drug doses based on a "mythical" average 70 Kg person - it is therefore completely logical that all metric scales weigh all mythical persons such as yourself, at 70ish Kg.
    Keep the scale and live down to it -- xoxojdw

    ReplyDelete