Saturday, February 6, 2010

Finally Got to the Market!

This morning I woke up to San Francisco fog. It kind of blew Amanda's mind. :-b But nevertheless she showed me her favorite market. It was awesome!!!!

Most fruits and vegetables are €1! I got, like, a half dozen apples, a bunch of lychee (sp?), a bunch of bananas, a bag of carrots, and a hunk of cheese -- all for €1-€1,50 each. And I got some boots for €10!! Boots! And my size was the size on display! And they said "we only have small sizes!" I love this country!

Nobody at this market spoke English to us, which was a bit difficult but very refreshing. And I got to eat fish off a cart! I'm not sure what we got exactly, but Jake would have loved it. It was like the fried fish of his beloved fish n' chips, but it was somehow spiced so it was just better.

Now I have to run to the book store to get the rest of my books, and then I have a balls ton of reading to do (plus some German to finish. ahhh!).

Also, I've decided to write my first paper about our rugby calendar. :-) It's for conflict studies. We have to analyze a conflict in which we were personally involved, and apply a model we've been studying. I'm going to write about our clash with Kurt Weaver and the ORU over our calendars. It's gunna be great.

OK! Work time!

p.s. you can purchase one of the aforementioned calendars by visiting the link at the right.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you found the bargain market!! Yum to mystery fried fish. What do they serve it with? (lemon, vinegar, mayo, ketchup??)

    How's the paper going? Jeeze I don't check in for a moment and there are 3 new postings. You go girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-b They serve it with chili sauce. I actually took it home and ate it with ketchup and tabasco though.

    The paper's not due for a week or so, and it's a small paper. Totally haven't started it. I have a ton of reading to do first. <3

    ReplyDelete