No podíamos nadar en el mar porque había una corriente peligrosa, pero podíamos jugar en el agua caliente y nadar en la piscina. Cerditos caminan en las calles! Cuando estaba desayunando el domingo, un pelícano entró al restaurante. Que emocionante!
Esta semana yo visité el Colegio Seminario San Jose. Ellos me ofrecieron la posición voluntaria. Voy a vivir en el seminario en Zona 9 y enseñar un poco de educación física, música, e inglés. También voy a traducir su página del Internet. Recibiré una habitación y comida. Necesito conocer al padre y saber más información. Es posible que vaya a trabajar en el Black Cat Hostel también. Vamos a ver.
Anoche yo fui a King & Queen y La Parranda con amigos. Aquí hay una foto:
----------------
Where was I? Ah! Monterrico is beautiful and amazing! We paid a guide to bring us to the beach at night. We walked a ton, but we got to see a turtle laying eggs! The guide collected the eggs and burried them in the tortugario. When they hatch, the baby turtles will return to the sea (or follow the moon).We couldn't swim in the sea because there was a dangerous current, but we could play in the warm water and swim in the pool. Piggies roam the streets! When I was eating breakfast Sunday, a pelican strolled into the restaurant. Very exciting!
This week I visited the Colegio Seminario San Jose. They offered me the volunteer position. I am going to live in the seminary in Zona 9 and teach a bit of PE, music, and English. I am also going to translate their web page. I will recieve a room and food. I need to meet the priest and learn more. It is possible that I will also work in the Black Cat Hostel. We'll see.
Last night I went to King & Queen and La Parranda with friends. Here is a photo:



Let me make it "official" (blog-wise) and extend my heartiest congrats on your job appointment at the seminary! It sounds as though this will be a wonderful experience for you -- especially translating the website!
ReplyDeleteIn your earlier post, you alluded to the black sands of the beach. We actually saw black sands -- from volcanic activity -- in Maiori when we were there. And -- shades of "re-run" haven -- your mother and I were told not to swim because of the dangerous current! Sound familiar?
Everything seems to be going well for you. I trust your Spanish is also improving by leaps and bounds! Love, -- Dad
I read and love your blog... have no doubt! What did you decide about the second job at the hostel? I love that I am understanding the vast majority of your blog in Spanish.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo Mom
Jack got the Spanish lessons on Rosetta Stone. He's enjoying working on reading your blog in Spanish. I need to wait for English. Your life there sounds interesting. Love, Lenore
ReplyDeleteI know that baby turtles return(go) to the sea but how do they follow the moon,HMMM??? Jack
ReplyDeletehaha... it's a kids book/song my mom got me when i was little about baby turtles hatching and following the moon into the water. dunno...
ReplyDelete