Jueves yo les dije "Adios" a las chicas de Virginia y entonces fui a Casa Xelajú para el viaje a Salcajá. Otra vez yo era la única persona. A pesar que esto, Kristian me llevó. Fuimos a la primera iglesia en Centro América. La iglesia tiene una historia muy interesante, y parece muy vieja y bonita, pero nosotros no pudimos entrar. Después de la iglesia, Kristian me mostró más de Salcajá y yo pobré dos bebidas locales. Primero yo probé el Caldo de Frutas. Es como una sangría muy fuerte...pero diferente y mejor. Está hecho de frutas como nances, manzanas, duranzos, y peras, que son fermentadas durante tres meses. La segunda bebida fue Rompopo, que es como el mejor eggnog en el mundo!Estaba muy cansada por la tarde y me fui a dormir muy temprano. Necesito dormir más aquí que en los E.E.U.U. Pienso que es la combinación de la altitud y que yo necesito pensar y hablar en un idioma extraño todo el día.
-------------
Thursday I said "Goodbye" to the girls from Virginia and then headed to Casa Xelajú for the trip to Salcajá. Once again I was the only person. Kristian took me in spite of this. We went to the first church ever built in Central America. The church has a very interesting story and it looks very old and beautiful, but we couldn't go in. After the church, Kristian showed me mor of Salcajá and I tried two local drinks. First I tried Caldo de Frutas. It's like a really strong sangria...but different and better. It is made from fruits like nances (like cherries), apples, peaches, and pears, which are fermented for three months. The second drink was Rompopo, which is like the best eggnog in the world!I was really tired in the afternoon and I went to bed really early. I need to sleep more here than in the U.S. I think it is the combination of the altitude and that I have to think and speak in a foreign language all day.
Brava, Maya! I am SO impressed to see you writing so much in Spanish! It's even better that your teacher will be able to review the text with you ahead of time. Love, -- Dad P.S. Those photos are terrific, too; I commented on Facebook.
ReplyDelete